Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: EBAY...what should I do?

  1. #1
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Okay..I just finished a round of selling on ebay. I am having some problems.

    I listed Sam's stereoscope. A gentleman emailed asking me if it was a real antique. I emailed back, said no, and he bought it anyway! He then emailed asking if I could offer it to the next bidder. I did, but that person has not responded yet.

    Next...my auction for Sam's doll just finised for a rather high price, in my opinion. The lady that got her, just emailed and said she bid in the last minute, and wondered if the doll is 18"!!!!! Now...she didn't finish at the price of a reg. American Girl doll, but for more than twice what she costs in the catalog. I started her at 9.99, I think.

    So, now I am going to have these people wanting to back out of my auctions, and to be honest...I don't think I should let them. I mean...when you bid on ebay you should pay attention. I don't see why I should have to pay for these people being irresponsible.

    Am I right? How should I handle this?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What if they just paid the relisting fee? or have you already shipped to them? I hope everything works out.

  3. #3
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I don't know...I'm really kind of angry about the whole thing. Sometimes I think people go goofy on ebay, and just don't think.

    I'm really easy to work with, and have 100% positive feedback...but this really irritates me. Both of these auctions add up to quite a bit of money.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would say if you accurately represented the items, then you should hold these people to their bids.

    Ebay is a contract.

    Unless your listings were misleading in anyway, they should have to pay.
    (How was Sam's dolls described? Did it make it seem like it was a large doll?)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gmommy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2004
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In my opinion, you should very POLITELY and NICELY tell both buyers that they were the winners of the auctions---THE END!!!! I am sure you described the items thoroughly and acurately, so they won PERIOD.

    Karla

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I say tell them,that they won it, so they have to send the money,or else you will file a claim!

  7. #7
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I think I represented both items well. I included pictures, as well.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would be nice, but firm.

    Remind them that the items were accurately represented in your auctions.

    Remind them that ebay is a contract and commitment to buy, and it would be wrong of them to back out as it is their job to pay attention to your listing.

    If they insist, I would ask for listing fees and re-listing fees, since you should not be out of pocket for their mistake.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member gritsmommyof5's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2004
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with Miss Moo Moo!!!!!

  10. #10
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Well! The buyer of Sam's doll paid me...she didn't try to get out of it at all. I feel bad for assuming she would.

    I emailed the buyer of the stereoscope, and told him that if the second chance offer was not accepted, he would need to follow through with the auction. I was really nice about it.

    He paid me, then sent me two nasty emails stating that he is reporting me to ebay for mis-representing the item. [img]wink.gif[/img] That just cracks me up. I'm not afraid to have him report me to ebay.

    However...I can just see him pulling something else...like saying he never got the item or something like that. But...I'm not going to worry about it! It's really a silly sitaution!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •